Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 June 2016

Sysiphus

Given the circumstances
I had one short instance
Of joy
For eternal void and misery
The hedonist speaks up and cuts his wrists
The scale can't be found, the categories can't contain me
The waterfall is dragging everything into the Abyss
Will you be there?
Waiting for me?
Is the tornado too wild?
Are you waiting for a cool breeze?
This water can be turned into wine
Drowning will become sweet indulgence
There will be nothing else that'll surround us
Extacy and love will seem to coincide
Into one and the same
Life in itself will seem suicide of the child in us
Turned into drunk masturbation as an adult
Lips might become fountains of love
Or I might become a succubus
Means and ends will twist
They will twist and then
We will transcend
The gods will laugh at us rolling the rock
Smiling in itself will become an art
In the distance I see a star
And I keep on rolling
The hell below me opens up,
But I transcend it
I keep on rolling
We come closer and we see the light
Was a mere cigarette lit up in the dark
The gods sit in a circle and laugh
They're drunk and they doze off
There I stand before them with my rock
I carve and work,
We will become marvelous statues
We will become eternal
In the distance faint laughter can be heard
I think I hear my name

No comments:

Post a Comment